FALL '16 FASHION TREND GUIDE
1. THE BOMBER JACKET & A-LINE MINI SKIRT – Hands down I think this is my favorite trend for Fall 16! I love the mini skirt trend for petite pears because it lets us show off our legs and doesn’t overwhelm us. When looking for a bomber jacket that will pair back nicely with a mini skirt, consider a cropped length if you have a short torso so it won’t look bulky.
2. THE DEEP V-NECK – I also posted about this trend last Spring, but I see it continuing into Fall. This trend works well for petite pears because we tend to have small busts and v-necks help accentuate what we do have :) From tops to dresses to jumpsuits, I have seen this silhouette across so many categories! So take your pick and make it work for you!
3. THE HIGH NECKLINE - When I saw this trend on the runway it really resonated with me. As a petite pear I like dresses and tops that highlight the smallness of my upper body that also show off the smallness of my waist and curvaceous-ness of my hips.
4. THE MAXI DRESS - On the Fall runways, I saw a good number of long sleeve maxi dresses, which made me very excited about this trend because I’m not a huge fan of pants and would rather wear a dress instead. As a petite gal, I really have to shop the petite section in order to find one that is the right length for me.
5. THE JUMPSUIT - There are a lot of jumpsuit styles out there, but my favorite ones that I saw on the Fall runways were silhouettes that provided good waist definition. I love wearing clothes that define my waist because they complement my petite pear curves.
6. THE PENCIL SKIRT – Usually I tend to go for A-line skirts, but this season I wanted to mix it up and try something new. One of my goals is to start embracing my curves even more and not shy away from silhouettes that show them off in a major way. A pencil skirt is perfect way to show off your curves, especially if you go with a high waisted style.
7. THE DRAMATIC BELT – I saw so many eye-catching, statement belts for Fall 16. I especially loved the looks below from Saint Laurent and Balmain. As I mention frequently on my blog, I always like styles that provide waist definition because it shows off my curvy hips and narrow waist.
8. THE MINI DRESS & OVER THE KNEE BOOTS – I have been dying to try the over the knee boot trend and this fall it is going to happen! I think pairing OTK boots with a mini dress is great for us petite girls since we have shorter legs. Wearing a mini dress lets us show off more of our legs and balances out how high the OTK boots come up on the leg.
ALL IMAGES FROM VOGUE.COM