HOW TO STYLE A SIMPLE WHITE BLOUSE 2 WAYS
Style Cliff Notes
Bag – Kelsi Dagger
Sandals – Zara
Styling Notes: Between this blog post and my next blog post I’m sharing how to style this top two different ways – casually and professionally. When I go shopping I always look for clothes that are versatile that I can wear to both the office and on the weekend hanging out with friends. In this blog post I paired this top with bootcut denim as well as a bucket bag and sandals for a laid back look.
Zara Flared Sleeve Top – Size S
What I loved…
- Length - I have a short torso so I often find that tops are too long on me and overwhelm my small frame. This top is more of a cropped length (Center front = 16.25’’) so it fit my short torso just right. I prefer to wear these shorter length tops with high- rise pants, but it’s still doable to wear with mid-rise pants as well.
- Wide sleeve opening – These flared bell sleeves are perfect for women with curvier arms because of the wider sleeve opening (measurement = 9.5’’). Usually I have trouble finding tops that fit me at Zara because the sleeves tend to be tight around my curvy arms. I definitely appreciated that these sleeves were more flowy.
Center neck drop = 2.25''
Bust = 37''
Center front = 16.25''
Center back = 18.5''
Sleeve opening = 9.5''
AEO Denim X Kick Boot Jean - Size 6 Short
What I loved…
- Bootcut - The flare trend has come back strong this past year and I have avoided it until now because I was worried true wide-leg flares would only make my hips look wider and me shorter in height. I think think bootcut denim is a perfect middle ground between flares and skinny denim. Wearing these bootcut jeans I felt that I got the attitude of a flared jean, but they did not exaggerate my hips.
- Comfortable & stretchy - I don’t know who is in charge of AEO denim now, but they are doing an amazing job of making their jeans so comfortable and easy to wear. (Fabric = 91% Cotton, 7% Elasterell, 2% Elastane)
What could be better…
- Would prefer high-rise - These jeans are mid-rise and fit well. However, lately I have really gotten hooked on high-rise pants. I love them because I never have to worry about them sliding down. Also I appreciate the slimming effect they have for my stomach. If these jeans were high-rise then they would be perfect!
Rise = 8.5''
Inseam = 29.5''
Waist = 31''
PHOTO CREDIT: CAITEE SMITH PHOTOGRAPHY