THE PETITE PEAR'S GUIDE TO SHORTS: HIGH-WAISTED DENIM SHORTS
Style Cliff Notes
Purse – Topshop
American Apparel High-Waisted Denim Shorts – Size 29
What I love…
- High-waisted – Over the last year I have been hooked on high-waisted bottoms because they are so flattering. Why am I such a fan? Because they define my waist, which is the smallest part of my body as a pear-shaped woman. By defining my waist, these shorts highlight my curvaceous hips which I love!
- Acid Wash – I never thought I would be into acid wash shorts, but I love these because they're a fun way to mix up the basics in my wardrobe.
- Tried & true – I actually posted about these same shorts a year ago and I still love them. As I mentioned in an earlier post during my series on finding shorts for pear-shaped bodies, I like to buy styles I can see myself wearing more than one season. Since I personally find it hard to find clothes that fit well, I tend to keep the ones that do in my closet for a while :)
Waist = 29''
Hips = 44.25’’
Inseam = 2''
Leg opening = 11.5”
Front Rise = 13’’
Adidas Originals T-Shirt - Size S
What I loved…
- Very comfortable - I loved the fit of this tee! It was not too tight or not too loose.
- Styling advice - I chose to tuck my t-shirt into the skirt so it would show off my waist, which is the narrowest part of my body. Another reason I tucked in my T-shirt is because I didn’t want it to hang down really far and cover up most of my mini skirt since I have a short torso.
Center front/back =24''
Neckline drop = 3.5''
Armhole opening = 6.25''
Bust = 34''