THE OUTFIT REMIX: THE MINI SKIRT
Style Cliff Notes
Bag - Guess
I just finished my Spring/Summer 16 fashion trend guide series for petite pears. One of the most important factors for me when I buy clothes is the ability to wear them again. They've got to serve more than one occasion and to work back to pieces I already have in my closet. In my next four blog posts I'm going to be "remixing" the clothes I highlighted in Spring/Summer 16 fashion series. I'll link to the original post and show you how I switched up the outfit.
Original post link: http://www.thepetitepearproject.com/blog-1/2016/4/24/7-the-mini-skirt
- The initial way I wore this outfit is more casual and something I would wear on the weekends to brunch. I wanted to find a way to dress it up for more of night time look.
- I swapped out the T-shirt, sneakers and purse to make it feel more night time.
- I added in the bomber jacket & tank because I love the versatility it gives the outfit. You could wear with or without the jacket depending on where you are. The strappy, minimalist heels instantly glammed up this outfit. And of course adding a shiny bag is a no brainer for creating a night time look.
- For the jacket I have never tried this particular garment on, but I generally wear a size 6 in their jackets so I would probably start there sinc the reviews say it runs true to size.
- I'm wearing a large of the American Apparel tank because I found that it runs pretty small and I didn't want it to be too tight.
- The mini skirt is a regular size 6 because it didn't come in a petite size, but I found the length of this skirt is just right (aka not too short).