SPRING '16 FASHION TREND GUIDE
1. THE STRUCTURED DRESS - This silhouette was all over the runways for Spring and it's great for petite pears because it has a defined waistline & bell-shaped skirt.
2. THE STRUCTURED TOP - This silhouette works well for petite pears because structured tops highlight the smallness of the upper body and play up the curvy hips.
3. THE DEEP V-NECK - It seems like every designer had an ultra-low v neck dress or jumpsuit in his or her collection. But I'm not complaining! I love this look because it's glamorous and edgy. As a girl with a small bust, it's look that easier to pull off. This trend totally reminds me of every outfit Amy Adams wore in American Hustle.
4. THE SHIRT DRESS - When it comes to wearing shirt dresses I look for ones with a defined waistline or A line skirt. I find these design elements flatter my best petite pear features (my waist & hips).
5. THE FIT & FLARE DRESS - The reason I love this silhouette as a petite pear is that it highlights the smallness of my upper body & shoulders while complementing my hips.
6. THE MIDI SKIRT - On the spring runways I saw so many midi skirts of all different fabrications & prints. As a petite pear, I tend to go for A-line midi skirts because I find a flared silhouette more flattering than a pencil body.
7. THE MINI SKIRT - I saw structured A-line mini skirts all over the spring runways, especially in Paris and Milan. As a petite lady I appreciate anything that makes me look a little taller and my legs longer! :)
8. THE FLARED SHORT - This high-waisted shorts style looks flattering on petite pears because it emphasizes the smallness of the waist. Also the flared leg-opening gives curvy thighs some breathing room and doesn't feel too restrictive.