THE PETITE PEAR'S GUIDE TO HOLIDAY DRESSES: DEEP V-NECK WRAP DRESS
Style Cliff Notes
Extended Style Notes
What I loved…
- Deep V-neck – I know you guys have heard me talk about deep v-necklines a million times before, but this is still one of my favorite silhouettes. Since I have a small bust, I like that this neckline enhances what I’ve got! This neckline adds some drama, but is still sophisticated at the same time.
- Draping - I absolutely love the draping on this dress because it highlights my curves in all the right places and emphasizes my pear shaped figure!
- Side slit – If you asked me a year ago when I first started my blog to wear a dress with a dramatic side slit like this one, I probably would have said no because I used to feel self conscious about my curvy thighs. However, I think that this slit is very tasteful and adds some old Hollywood glamour to the look! I just imagine myself channeling my inner Joan (from Mad Men) when I wear this dress. I promise you can rock it too!
What could be better…
- Thin fabric – I will admit that the fabric of this dress is a little thin so I would recommend wearing either a slip or Spanx underneath (definitely would go for a nude color!)
- Low cut - What I love about this dress is the deep v-neck, but it is a little low so I would recommend using a safety pin to make sure it doesn’t drape open too much.
Bust = 35’’
Waist = 28’’
Low Hip = 38’’