THE PETITE PEAR'S GUIDE TO HOLIDAY DRESSES
I'm so excited to be sharing my first ever Holiday Dress Guide with you guys! However, I cannot take credit for coming up with this content idea. It actually came from a good friend of mine who’s also a petite pear.
Often times finding a holiday dress can be a tricky process and involves spending a ton of time going to multiple stores to try on different dress options. I'm sharing my 6 favorite dress silhouettes for this holiday season in order to help simplify your shopping process. I hope these tips will make you're shopping process a little easier and give you a place to start your search - whether you’re in need of an outfit for an office holiday party or a New Year’s Eve event. While I was pulling together my top silhouettes for this Holiday Dress Guide, I found that a lot of my favorite silhouettes that I highlighted in my Fall Trend Guide still applied. Please share your feedback in the comments section below on whether or not this post was helpful for you!
1. The Fit & Flare Dress – This is one of my go-to silhouettes because it works well for many different body types. As a petite pear, I love this dress style since it emphasizes the smallness of my waist and curvaceous-ness of my hips.
2. The Deep V-Neck Dress– I shared this trend in my Spring and Fall Trend Guides for this year, and I’m still loving it. As a gal with a small bust, I like this silhouette because it enhances what I do have - if ya know what I mean! ;)
3. The Off the Shoulder Dress – Off the shoulder dresses have been everywhere this year and they are perfect for holiday parties too! What transitions this silhouette into a glamorous party dress is a velvet or metallic fabric. Another reason I love this trend is because off the shoulder dresses are flattering for many body types.
4. The Jumpsuit – Who says you have to wear a dress? Wearing a jumpsuit is a fun way to spice things up and decrease the likelihood that you’re wearing the same dress as the girl next to you! When it comes to jumpsuit, I recommend buying a petite size if you’re under 5’ 4’’ so it’s not too long. For my pear-shaped body, I generally prefer to wear silhouettes that are belted or have a well-defined waistband.
5. The High – Neckline – You probably remember trend from my Fall Trend Guide and it’s great look for the holidays because it looks elegant and sophisticated. I love this silhouette because it allows me to show off the smallness of my upper body relative to my curvy hips.
6. The Dramatic Side Slit – Ok I’ll be honest, if you asked me to wear this trend a year ago I probably would have shied away since I have not always felt confident about my curvy thighs. If you have curvy thighs like me, do not be afraid of rocking this trend because it’s so much fun to wear! It’s a old-school glamour way to add drama to your holiday look. There are dresses with different levels of side slit exposure so that you can find one that makes you feel comfortable.