#8 - THE MINI DRESS & OTK BOOTS
Style Cliff Notes
Extended Style Notes
What I loved…
- Empire-waist - I find this silhouette so flattering for pear-shaped women because it highlights the narrowest part of my body (the waist), and the A-line skirt flows nicely with my curvy hips.
- Perfect length – Even though this dress was not available in a petite size, it wasn’t too long for me. Just for new readers’ reference – I’m 5’ 2’’. (Center front = 30.75’’).
- Floral print – If anyone ever tells you not wear busy prints because you’re petite, do not listen to them because short girls do it better :P
V-neckline drop = 9.5''
Bust = 35''
Center front = 30.75''
Waist = 29.5''
Center back = 34.25''
What I loved...
- Adjustable ties - My favorite feature of these over the knee boots is the adjustable ties on the back of the boot. Since I have curvier thighs, I prefer the adjustable ties over a zipper closure because they don’t feel as restrictive.
- Low heel – As much as I appreciate every opportunity to look taller when it came to choosing between flat versus heeled OTK boots, I chose flat since my feet usually die when I walk around in heels in New York City.
Style Notes: If you are petite I recommend wearing OTK boots with either a mini skirt or dress in order to make your legs look longer. Also they are easy to throw on over jeans! Even if you're petite I promise you can pull these off - don't shy away!