THE BLANKET SHAWL
Style Cliff Notes
Blanket Shawl – Old Navy
Tank Top – American Apparel
Leggings – GAP
Shoes – Vince Camuto
Lipstick – Bobbi Brown Art Stick in Sunset Orange
Extended Style Notes
Old Navy Blanket Shawl – One Size
What I loved…
- Not too long – I fell in love with blanket shawls last year when they got popular, but had difficulty finding one that was not too oversized. I wanted the laid back casual look yet did not want to be look weighed down by all that fabric. This blanket shawl I found at Old Navy is great for petites because it’s just the right length (Center back = 24’’).
- Pattern - I think the pattern on this blanket shawl is so cool. It reminds me of a Pendleton blanket.
What could be better…
- Prone to pilling (aka fuzz balls) - I can tell already that I will have to careful when I wear the blanket shawl because it seems fuzz-ball prone. Since it I got in on sale for $16, I was willing to overlook this flaw.
Center back = 24’’
Gap Leggings - Size S
What I loved…
- Just the right length - Even though these leggings aren’t a petite size, the length of these leggings is actually perfect and I didn't have to "fake hem" them by rolling under the excess fabric. (Inseam = 27.25’’)
- Side zippers - I love that these leggings have zippers at the sides of the leg openings. It makes them so much easier to put on and take off.
What could be better...
- Higher rise - I like to have my leggings to sit slightly below my natural waist so I don’t have to worry about them sliding down during the day. I would love them to be slightly higher rise about 10’’. (Actual rise = 9.5’’)
Waist = 28’’
Front rise = 9.5’’
Inseam = 27.25’’