THE FAUX LEATHER MINI SKIRT
Style Cliff Notes
Sweater - LOFT
Skirt - H&M
Shoes - Vince Camuto
Necklace - H&M
Bag - Zara
Extended Style Notes
H&M Leather Skirt - Size 8
What I loved…
- A-Line silhouette - By now you guys are well aware of my obsession with A-line skirts because they are flattering for petite pears. This silhouette highlights the narrowest part of my body (my waist) and flares out to complement my curvy hips.
- Length - I like the length of this A-Line mini better compared to the Reformation mini I posted about previously because it’s more work place friendly. (H&M skirt: Center front = 17.5’’ vs Reformation: Center front = 15’’).
- Faux leather - Love this look right now. So great for fall!
What could be better...
- A little tight in the hips - This skirt is a little tight in the hips (Hips = 37’’) and potentially could create the dreaded ripple effect. I make sure I wear this skirt as high on my waist as possible to make sure I don’t have that happen.
Center front = 17.5’’
Waist = 29’’
Hip = 37’’
LOFT Turtleneck Cropped Sweater - Size XXSP - When I tried on this sweater for size I could tell that it's supposed to be a boxy style. Therefore, I decided to try going down a couple of sizes so it wouldn’t look too bulky on me. XXSP is not my normal size by any means, but because this sweater is very stretchy and oversized so I was able to scale down. See garment measurements below.
What I loved…
- Cropped length - Have I mentioned that I like cropped length tops? You guys probably know all too well at this point. Cropped length tops are perfect for my short torso! (Center front = 18’’)
- Color - Love how popular the wine/burgundy color is this fall. Can’t get enough!
What could be better…
- Size scale - As I mentioned above, I had to go down a couple of sizes before I found the size that fit the best. Not the end of the world, but figuring out what size took a little more time than usual because of the trial and error process involved.
Center front = 18’’
Chest = 18’’ (36’’ total)
Bottom opening = 19’’
Turtleneck height = 1.5’’
Turtleneck width (relaxed) = 5.25’’
Shoes - Got these guys on sale! They are my new go-to black flats. I love that they reference the D’orsay silhouette that’s popular now, but they aren’t as dramatic.