CROPPED PANTS FOR REAL
Style Cliff Notes
Top - American Apparel
Pants - Topshop Petite
Bag - J. Crew
Shoes - Calvin Klein
Necklace - Topshop
Earrings - H&M
Extended Style Notes
American Apparel Ribbed Turtleneck - Size M
What I loved…
- Stretchy fabric & super soft - I love how stretchy this knit top is so it’s not too tight around my arms. This top is so comfortable and easy to wear! (Fabric = 94% rayon, 6% spandex).
- Sleeve length - The sleeve length on this top is unique compared to other tops in my closet. It’s nice to mix it up!
- Color - My favorite color of the season!
What could be better...
- A little long - Similar to the H&M turtleneck tank I reviewed two weeks ago, this top is a little long on me since it is not a petite size. Since I tend to tuck in my shirts with high-waisted pants, it doesn’t bother me.
Chest = 14.25’’ (28.5’’ total)
Center front = 20.25’’
Center back = 22.5’’
Turtleneck height = 2’’
Turtleneck width (relaxed) = 7.25’’
Topshop Petite Cropped Pants - Size 6
What I loved…
- Cropped - These are my new favorite pants for work! Not gonna lie, but I think these are my first pair of cropped pants that truly look cropped on me since they are a petite size (Inseam =23).
- High-waisted - Usually I avoid paper-bag style pants with front pleats because they end up looking frumpy on me. Since these pants are high-waisted, they draw attention to the narrowest part of my body (my waist). (Rise = 12’’)
- Tapered leg - The other reason these pants flatter my figure is because the leg is tapered as opposed to a wide. The tapered leg helps show off my curvy hips rather than making my bottom half look heavy with more fabric. (Leg opening - 7’’)
Rise = 12’’
Inseam = 23’’
Leg opening = 7’’
Waist = 29’’
Necklace - I’ve had this necklace since last fall and I still love wearing it. I’m always on the hunt for good jewelry staples I can wear again and again.
Shoes - Love the heel height of these shoes - they are definitely NYC friendly!
PHOTO CREDITS: MARY WANG